The recycle bin provided to each home is the Homeowners responsibility if lost, destroyed,
or stolen. [Note: Replacement bins will cost the homeowner $9.00.]
- All trash must be in a covered container and placed at the curb, on the sidewalk,
or if your sidewalk isn't by the curb please place the trash container in your parking space. Not
the common grounds! All grass, leaves and flower bushes must be bagged and placed at
the curb. Bushes and/or branches are to be tied in 3 to 4 foot lengths, and put at the
- Household items such as furniture, tables, dressers, sofas, and large appliances
are OK and will be picked-up on Mondays. TV's limited to 32" diagonal. There
is no charge for this, but you must call the office of Charlie & Son by Friday of the previous week,
so they can determine the truck[s] they will need. They are closed on the weekends. The pick-up day for these
items is Monday only! [Charlie & Son #703/670-9652] If these items are left out any other
day you will be charged for the pick-up.
- No ‘remodeling’ or ‘construction’
debris, such as wall board, lumber from decks, doors, storm doors, nor roofing shingles will be taken. Carpet,
padding, tile, sinks, tubs, doors, cabinets, etc. are considered remodeling debris. [see suggestion following this article.]
- A 35 pound weight restriction on all bags
and cans. Note: They use their own discretion to determine weight.
- Charlie & Son,
will not pick-up rocks, sod, dirt, bricks, cinder blocks, iron or paint. Nor will they pick up 'building materials',
such as plaster board, doors, windows & the like.
- Brush with thorns must be neatly tied up or cut up and put in can.
- There is a 6 to
8 bag limit on grass and leaves per pick up.
- Fireplace and charcoal grill ashes are the responsibility of the homeowner. Make sure they are safe to carry.
- Pick up
will begin at 7 am on your pick up day. Collection should be finalized by 3 pm.
- Christmas trees will be picked up after
December 25th, when they are placed on the curb.
- If the holiday falls on your pick up day, there will be NO PICK UP. Note: Pick up
will be made on your next scheduled pick up day. HOLIDAYS ARE: The 4th
of July; Thanksgiving day; Christmas day; and New Year’s day.
Prince William County (PWC) ordinances require "Household garbage to be bagged and contained
in trash cans with secure lids to prevent litter problems." This is NOT a T.O.T.A. rule; it’s a PWC
Health Department policy that we are enforcing: Property code ordinance: Chapter 22 section III
- PLEASE NOTE--ANY TRASH LEFT OUT, THAT IS OUTSIDE THE ALLOWABLE,
WILL REQUIRE A "SPECIAL PICK-UP" WHICH WILL BE BILLED TO THE HOMEOWNER. IF IT IS UNKNOWN AS TO WHO
PUT OUT THE TRASH, T.O.T.A. WILL HAVE TO FOOT THE BILL, WHICH WILL RESULT IN HIGHER FEES. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND.
IF YOU SEE ANY BUILDING MATERIALS BEING PUT OUT, PLEASE REPORT THIS TO MJF ASSOC.
Reminder Improper disposal of trash is a Prince William County health
violation and it’s a violation of the TOTA covenants. Please help us correct this problem. Let us know if you see
a neighbor violating this policy by emailing any Board member or by calling MJF at (703) 369-6535.
- Residents can put their trash containers in their parking spaces or on the sidewalk
in front of their homes, but not before 6 pm on Sundays and Wednesdays. [This rule is
enforceable by a $50 penalty to any offender]. If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact MJF Associates
at (703) 369-6535).
- No trash is to be placed on the common areas. If you use the sidewalk, please make sure your trash does not obstruct other
residents' use of the sidewalk. If you use your parking space, make sure the container is clearly visible and not hidden
by your vehicle.
- All trash cans and recycle bins must be stored in your backyard area, inside the fence of your property.
Suggestion for ‘construction’ and ‘remodeling’
Habitat for Humanity “ReStore” needs your donations... of almost any items you take out of your home. Especially
needed are doors, windows, cabinets (kitchen or other) and working appliances (5 years or less). But any building or remodeling
material that's in good shape can be recycled through the ReStore, including un-upholstered furniture, saving you dumping
costs and providing a tax deduction as well. Equally important, your donations will go back into the community to help people
who are upgrading their homes. The
ReStore provides donation pickup services when scheduled in advance. Please contact our office for more information. Location:
9506 Center Street
Manassas, VA 20110
To schedule a pick