Thousand Oaks Townhouse Association
c/o MJF Associates
10692 Crestwood Drive
Non-emergency: (703) 792-6500
Prince William County Police Department
Mondays - Regular trash and large items. Large items must be called into the trash company by Friday of the previous week. Call Charlie & Son Trash Service: (703) 670-9652; Fax (703) 897-0895 to schedule a pick-up.
Note: No building or construction items or debris will be taken. This includes plasterboard/sheetrock, doors, windows, etc. Also, charcoal/fireplace ashes will not be disposed of by Charlie & Son.
Thursdays - Regular trash and recyclables.
Note: All pick-ups generally begin at 7:00AM on the pick-up day, and is generally complete by 3:00PM.
Trash Disposal & Collection Rules
- All trash must be in a covered container and placed at the curb or on the sidewalk; or if your sidewalk is NOT by the curb, it can be placed in your parking space. It MUST NOT be placed on common grounds! All grass, leaves and flower bushes must be bagged and placed in the same location (i.e., curb). Bushes and/or branches are to be tied in 3- to 4-foot lengths, and placed in the same location (i.e., curb). Any trash placed on the sidewalk must not obstruct other residents' use of the sidewalk. In addition, if a parking space is used, you must ensure that the container is clearly visible and not hidden by the vehicle for pick-up.
CRITICAL: Residents can place their trash containers in their parking space(s) or on the sidewalk in front of their homes, but NOT before 6:00PM on Sundays and Wednesdays (i.e., on the day previous the pick-up day). This rule is enforced with a $50 penalty to any offender. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact MJF Associated at (703) 369-6535.
- Household items such as furniture, tables, dressers, sofas and large appliances can be placed at the curb as well; however, these items will only be picked up on Mondays if called into Charlie & Son Trash Service [(703) 670-9652] by Friday of the previous week. Scheduling this pick-up is critical for them to identify the correct pick-up vehicle based on the size and type of disposable item. Note: If any item is left out any other day (and/or if you do not call Charlie & Son and the item remains outside), you will be charged for the pick up).
- No building or construction items/debris (e.g., plasterboard/wallboard/sheetrock, lumber (from decks or homes), doors, storm doors, roofing shingles, windows, cinder blocks, sod, dirt, rocks, iron, paint, carpet, carpet padding, tile, sinks, tubs, cabinets or other construction or building materials will be picked up by Charlie & Son. These materials are your responsibility for disposal. However, these items, if appropriate, may be recycled for such organizations as Habitat for Humanity. To schedule a pick-up, please call (703) 369-6145. Items of interest include doors, windows, cabinets and working appliances (5 years old or younger). However, any building or remodeling material or equipment that is in good condition can be recycled through the Habitat ReStore program, including un-upholstered furniture. This may save you in disposal costs, and potentially provide a tax deduction for the respective calendar year. Equally important, your donations will be re-used in the community to help those that may be in need. The ReStore program provides donation pick-up services when scheduled in advance. The local office address is: 9506 Center Street, Manassas, VA 20110
CRITICAL: Any trash left outside, that is considered outside of the "allowable" (and identified within these rules), will require a "special pick-up" and will be billed to the homeowner. If it is unknown as to the offender, TOTA will be required to cover these costs, which are subsequently passed to all homeowners in the form of increased HOA fees/dues. It is in the best interest of the entire community for all homeowners to adhere to these rules. Residents are encouraged to contact MJF Associates in the event any of these rules are being broken.
- For all trash cans and bags, there is a 35-pound weight restriction. Note: Charlie & Son uses their own discretion to determine weight.
- There is a 6- to 8-bag limit on grass and leaves per pick-up.
- Fireplace and charcoal grill ashes are the responsibility of the homeowner. Note: Charlie & Son will not dispose of ashes for you.
- Televisions left for pick-up by Charlie & Son cannot exceed 32" diagonally. Anything larger will not be picked up.
- Christmas trees will be picked up after December 25th when placed at the curb. If the holiday falls on a pick-up day, there will be NO PICK-UP. Holidays (with no pick-up) are: 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Recycle bins are provided to each home (but not for each new owner/renter); but is the homeowner's responsibility to replace the bin if lost, destroyed or stolen. These bins can be replaced for $9.00. For a new bin, please contact Charlie & Son at (703) 670-9652.
PWC REMINDER: Prince William County ordinances require "Household garbage to be bagged and contained in trash cans with secure lids to prevent litter problems." This is not a TOTA rule - it is a PWC Health Department policy that will be enforced by TOTA. Please see the Property code ordinance: Chapter 22, section III.
In the Old Bridge area, recycling drop-off trailers are located int he commuter lot at VA 123 and Old Bridge Road in the old Hechinger's parking lot, the McCoart Complex in the parking lot off of Asdee Road, and at the Exxon station at the corner of Old Bridge Road and Prince William Parkway.